Southwestern Schools’ Swimming Pool Rules
- Swimmers must be free of colds and other contagious diseases.
- No hairpins, barrettes, jewelry or glasses.
- No food, drink, or gum anywhere on deck.
- No recreational equipment unless authorized by a lifeguard.
- All must shower before using pool.
- No spitting or blowing nose in the pool.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No running, pushing, dunking, or rough play in pool area, showers, or locker rooms.
- No diving in shallow end.
- Do not stand, play, or jump off ladders or railings.
- Stay clear of handicap ramp and railings at all times.
- Starting blocks are only used by school athletic teams, not recreational use.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the bleachers section of the pool area.
- All injuries must be reported to the lifeguard on duty.
- All swimmers must pass a “deep end test” by the lifeguard before attempting to swim in the deep end or using the diving board.
- All must wear a bathing cap if hair is beyond collar length.
- Always enter the water forward without flipping.
- One diver on board at a time (all others must be on pool deck).
- Diving area must be clear before diving.
- Dive or jump straight off board.
- After diving immediately swim to clearance.
No cross pool swimming in diving area.
*Note: No diving during community lap swim. All swimmers must pass the “Deep End Test” before using diving board.