7th and 8th Grade Choir members: Please listen to your music and try to sing along with the accompaniment. If you're struggling, send me an email, and I'll try to create a track of your part. I'll miss you all!
Dear Choir students and families,
I want to reach out to you to try to answer some questions you may have regarding upcoming music concerts and festivals. My school email is: email@example.com
- Our concerts will all be rescheduled once we return to school and we assess when and in what format the concerts will happen. In the meantime, please take some time to listen to the tracks for your grade level on my teacher page.
- Senior recognition will occur when we have rescheduled our concerts. I know this is a BIG thing and I will do everything possible to honor your dedication to the program.
- Be flexible in your thinking as we move forward. There are a lot of questions for which I have no answers. I know I will miss seeing you all!
NYSSMA solo festival
- At the time of this newsletter, NYSSMA has CANCELLED all festivals. They feel that rescheduling over 150 festivals is not feasible. We don’t know how this will impact students for Area All State, but I will attempt to stay in touch with NYSSMA officials to stay up to date and to keep you informed.
- I am concerned about choir and your singing. I would like students to try to complete one singing task (or two) per week to stay in touch. I think that you can use music as a way to keep yourself feeling upbeat and positive during a time when there are so many unknowns.
ASSIGNMENTS FROM HOME:
- I will send out weekly assignments via email. I have Zoom training tomorrow, so I’ll have to wait and see if it is even feasible for us to video conference.
ACTIVITIES TO ENGAGE YOURSELF WHILE HOME:
- The Metropolitan Opera will be live-streaming several operas for free!
- Listen to a TED TALK about a music related topic
- Listen to an NPR “Tiny Desk” concert. They have many with contemporary artists. Simply search “tiny desk concert”. Harry Stiles was on recently.
- Take one of our songs and, using the melody/harmony, create new lyrics for the song describing what you’re doing while in quarantine.
- Share your music activities with me. What are you listening to? Have you heard any new choral music? Send pictures and/or video.
- If you learn of anything really cool (music related) that you think would interest others, please let me know so I can share!