Thanks for a great season.
Fall is in the air and that means that winter is fast approaching. It is time to THINK SNOW! The Southwestern Ski and Snowboard Club will be offering an educational ski program at Holiday Valley once again this year. We will be going on Friday nights once again this year starting January 6th 2023.
This year Holiday Valley is providing online registration. We would like all participants to use this for registering. Here is the login information and directions on how to:
- You will need to go to the following website
- Club Name – MWSOUTHWE (it is case sensitive)
- Member password – SOUTHWE (it is case sensitive)
- The Website is very user friendly. Student passes can be purchased with or without rentals. The ultimate select Friday pass is the most common pass among members but if you wish to purchase a season pass, the option is available on page two of the student passes page.
- Other passes and rentals may be purchased through the club at the discounted rate.
- Passes purchased through the club will be distributed sometime in November.
- If you need any assistance with the webpages, please reach out! I have access to all member purchases and can help in many ways.
- All members must turn in a permission form. These can be found in Mr. Frisbee's room, the main office of the high school, or on the school webpage. (Once it has been updated)
- Finally, please sign up for the remind notification system for the Ski and SB club. Both students and parents should sign up. You can do this 2 ways you can text @SWski2023 to the number 81010 or download the Remind app and type in the above code. This is going to be the main way of communicating important information during the ski season. This is a new group this year so everyone must sign up again!
Dates for transportation will be 1/6, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 2/3, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24
If you have questions regarding SWHS Ski and SB Club feel free to contact me at any time email@example.com or at the SW High School at 664-6273.
SWHS Ski and Snowboard Rules:
1. All individuals who purchase Holiday Valley’s school packages are members of the Ski and Snowboard Club. As a member, you are obligated to abide by ALL school and club rules.
2. All members of the Ski and Snowboard club must abide by the Southwestern Eligibility Policy for co-curricular activities. This includes Academic and Attendance requirements.
3. Absolutely no use of drugs, tobacco products and/or alcohol will be tolerated before during or after ski club (after refers to unloading area). Parents will be called and expected to come and pick up their child if his/her condition demands it. For this infraction, the individual will lose ski club membership for the remainder of the current season. There will be NO refund of fees paid to join the program. After expiration of suspension period the individual may request readmission and, at the discretion of the advisor, may then be allowed to participate in Ski Club.
4. Members should respect each other’s equipment, especially when loading and unloading the bus. Report any lost or stolen items and return any items found to advisors. Equipment is the member’s total responsibility, but we should be concerned for each other’s property.
5. Label all equipment, including the outside of your bags. Advisors, SWCS, Holiday Valley and the bus drivers are not responsible for lost or stolen equipment.
6. Members are expected to respect the advisors, chaperones, club members, bus drivers, and ski area personnel by not using abusive language and/or behavior on the busses, at loading/unloading areas, or at the ski area and following directions/rules.
7. Members are expected to ski safely, knowing their abilities and limitations so as not to endanger themselves and the safety of others at the ski area. Ski area personnel and/or advisors may limit the skiing of those who might endanger themselves or others; it may result in the loss of Ski and Snowboard Club privileges.
8. Members are encouraged to take lessons offered and paid for through their Ski and Snowboard packages.
9. Privately owned homes, chalets or condominiums at Holiday Valley are OFF-LIMITS to club members while at the resort with the club.
10. The Southwestern Central School is not responsible for any injury that results from participation in the Ski and Snowboard Club. The program advisors and chaperones are not liable for injury incurred during any Ski and Snowboard Club sponsored activities.
11. Suspension from Holiday Valley Ski Area by the resort for any reason will result in automatic dismissal from the Ski and Snowboard Club.
12. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION FROM ALL SKI AND SNOWBOARD CLUB ACTIVITIES. THERE WILL BE NO REFUND OF MONEY PAID FOR THE PROGRAM. LENGTH OF SUSPENSION WILL DEPEND ON THE RULE INFRACTION. ALL THE ABOVE RULES ARE PUNISHABLE IN ACOORDANCE WITH THE SOUTHWESTERN CENTRAL SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION POLICIES.
13. Information about transportation is on the next page.
14. HELMETS MUST BE WORN, no exceptions
14. Parents are urged to discuss these rules and their seriousness with their child before signing the attached agreement form.
SWHS Ski and Snowboard Transportation and Sign up information
Three years ago, we had a record number of members sign up for the Southwestern Ski and Board club. This was fantastic for the club and got many new members out and excited about the Winter snow season. However, this also presented a transportation dilemma as the bus was overcrowded and transportation could not be guaranteed for all members. To alleviate this issue the following procedures have been put in place.
Transportation will be guaranteed for the first 40 members to complete the following.
- Purchase a pass from the Southwestern affiliated webpage through Holiday Valley. This can be any of the passes that would be valid for Friday evenings.
- Turn in a signed permission slip to Mr. Frisbee in room 165 along with verification of a purchased pass. Permission slips can be printed from the school webpage or can be picked up in the office or Mr. Frisbee’s room.
In order to be equitable to previous members, there will be an early bird sign up period open to members of the ski club from the 2021-2022 season. The early bird period will end Monday, October 10th 2022.
Additional members who can get their own transportation or that would like to go on different nights, are welcome and encouraged to buy passes through the Southwestern affiliated website.
Please reach out to Mr. Frisbee if you have any questions. Thank you!!
Permission Slip Link: