Food Pantry Information and Summer Meal Programs
- YMCA Free Meals for Kids Flyer
- Text: “food” or “comida” to 877-877
- Call: 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 211
- The Salvation Army of Jamestown is open 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday . Parents will need to show a picture ID.
- St. Susan's Soup Kitchen is open Monday-Friday 11:00-3:45, and Saturday-Sunday noon-2:00 p.m. They are handing out bag lunches, and some days maybe fresh produce. No one can dine in.
- Find Dunkirk Food Pantry information HERE.
- The smaller food pantries may not be handing out food due to the COVID-19, but may be handing out to their church members.
- Bemus Point United Methodist Church has a drive-up food pantry that is open every Friday from 3-5:00 p.m.
By NYS Executive Order, the athletic complex and tennis courts are CLOSED until further notice.
These areas will be closely monitored by the authorities.
First Responder/Healthcare/Essential Worker Survey
If you are a first responder or essential employee in need of childcare at this time, please fill out the following survey regarding childcare needs. Please only complete if you need childcare. Click "SURVEY" below:
Click here for Remote Learning video Director of Instructional Services Molly Moore addresses families of Southwestern Middle School and High School about grading practices for students in sixth grade through 12th grade for the remainder of remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic closure. (Added Friday, April 24, 2020.)
WiFi Added to Southwestern Parking Lots
WiFi access points have been added around Southwestern Central School District parking lots. This means people with SCHOOL-ISSUED devices may come to the lots near the access points (see map below for signals marks and a red circle) and use the WiFi to download material in OneNote and check e-mail, etc.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please remember to maintain social distancing and/or stay in your vehicles when accessing the WiFi!
Thank you also to our creative Technology Department for their assistance with this opportunity during the closure!
Instructional Materials Pick-Up
Hello Trojan Family:
Thank you for your patience as Southwestern Central School District prepares instructional materials for our students and makes other plans to support our families amid the COVID-19 public health challenge. We are committed to ensuring we continue to provide academic and social/emotional support to all our Trojans.
We are pleased to report that student materials may be picked up at all 3 schools on the following dates and times:
ELEMENTARY: Visit the main office Tuesday or Wednesday, March 17-18, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. You will be met at the door to obtain your materials. If you have a transportation or scheduling issue, please request that instructional materials be delivered to you by calling (716) 664-1881.
MIDDLE: The building will be open Tuesday, March 17, 2020, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to allow students to get their personal belongings from their lockers. If you are unable to arrange to pick up your belongings, please call (716) 664-6270 to make accommodations.
HIGH: The building will be open Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-18, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to allow students to get their personal belongings from their lockers. If you are unable to arrange to pick up your belongings, please contact Mrs. Calimeri at 664-6273 to make accommodations.
ADDITIONAL CRUCIAL INFO:
- In an attempt to minimize foot traffic, we are asking that ONLY STUDENTS go into the middle school and high school building to pick up their items
- All Trojans in grades 6-12 are expected to check their school e-mail accounts DAILY for details regarding coursework and information from their teachers. Please make sure you check your messages often and please follow us on Twitter @SWCSTrojans and Facebook.
- If you haven’t already, PLEASE complete our short parent survey to help us best meet our Trojans’ food and technology needs: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=Uk9DvDKI00OtCWV4mBwcLDh1rMywt8lLqIXNn9EukNxUN0I1UVJDOTVMRTU1Nk9XRVBXWjNLWTZFMC4u