Budget Vote & Election FAQs
Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- Yes. Please contact the district clerk to make arrangements to receive an application. Applications must be received by the district clerk by May 11th if the ballot is to be mailed, or by May 17th if the ballot will be picked up. All absentee ballots must be received by the district clerk in the district office no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote.
If I am not a registered voter can I still vote?
- Yes, please bring a photo ID (some examples are a driver license, learner permit, passport, military ID, etc.) to the voting location.
Am I required to wear a mask when I vote?
- Yes, all voters must wear an acceptable mask that covers both the nose and mouth and adhere to all COVID-19 safety measures.
I am a member of the military (or family member) and would like to vote by absentee ballot. What is the process?
- Military voters who are qualified voters of the school district may apply for a military ballot by contacting the district clerk. Completed applications for military ballots must be received no later than April 22, 2021.
How do I become a registered voter?
- Please visit the Chautauqua County Board of Elections website at https://chqgov.com/board-of-elections/Voter-Registration-Form. Complete the form and return it directly to their office.
What are the qualifications to vote?
- Citizen of the United States; and
- At least 18 years old; and
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the meeting at which the person would like to vote; and
- Who is not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law.