To better serve families and to streamline the entry of new students into our District, registration of new students in the District will take place at the Central Registrar's Office located in the Southwestern District Office, 600 Hunt Road, Jamestown, NY 14701.
    Please address any questions to Registrar Pauline Wells at (716)484-6815 or pwells@swcsK12.org.
    Registration packets can be downloaded at the bottom of this web page and completed prior to coming to the District Office.  After registration, the parent and student will be scheduled to visit the building where the student will attend in order to complete the enrollment process including teacher assignment or course schedule.
    All children between the ages of six and twenty-one, who have not yet graduated from high school and who are residents of the Southwestern Central School District, have a right to attend the schools within the District.  The District may request the documents listed below when determining whether your child is eligible to attend school within the Southwestern Central School District.
    Documentation to establish residency*
    Primary consideration will be given to the following documentation:
    • Signed residential lease agreement for property within the District
    • Home mortgage document or other proof of ownership of residential property within the District
    • Sworn and notarized statement from a landlord or other property owner that family resides at property within the District
    If you are unable to obtain the documentation listed above, the District will consider the following documents:
    • Pay stub
    • Income tax return
    • Utility bill
    • Membership documentation for organization requiring residency
    • Documents issued by the federal, State, or local government (e.g. Department of Social Services, Office of Refugee Resettlement, etc.)
    • Evidence of custody (e.g. court order, guardianship papers, etc.)
    Documentation to establish age*
    • Certified birth certificate
    • Certified baptism records
    If neither a certified birth certificate nor baptism record is available, the District will consider the following as evidence of a child's age:
    • Passport
    • Official driver's license
    • Government issued identification
    • School photo ID
    • Consulate ID
    • Hospital or health records
    • Other government issued documents showing age, including court orders and custody papers
    • Records from non-profit international aid agencies
    *The District reserves the right to require verification of any documentation provided.  Enrollment will not be delayed during the verification process.